Friday, May 29, 2009

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted!

Back when I was still under the delusion that I was going to be able to take my car to New York, I talked to Mr. VF about driving across the country. There's so much in the middle that I haven't seen since I've stuck mostly to the coasts. I want to see what life's like in flyover country! Sadly we decided to fly when we move and so I thought my summer vacation was a bust. I love when I'm wrong (when it goes right)!


I'm going to...






NASHVILLE!

OK yeah, I know it doesn't sound too thrilling to most West Coasters, but I'm excited to go. I've heard from multiple people that Nashville is a pretty cute town and, of course, I expect to cause some shenanigans in town.

You may be wondering, "Gee Violet, how are you taking this trip when you recently got laid off work?" Good question (although you should be ashamed of yourself for being so nosy. Just kidding. But really). I originally was going to skip it. It's a big meet up of friends who are living all over the country and they picked a place that is "central", though it was mostly inconvenient for me since I'm on the West Coast. The trip is scheduled for 4th of July weekend and it was going to cost me several hundred dollars to make the trip. IN THIS ECONOMY, saving for law school and being jobless, etc, I didn't think it would be smart to make the trip. On a depressed whim, I was inspired by Claire and decided to check American Airlines to see if I had enough frequent flier miles saved up. It was either 50K miles roundtrip in coach or 50K miles roundtrip for business/first. Needless to say I'm scheduled for a trip to Nashville in first class. The best part is that it only cost me $10! They will have to pour me out of the plane in Nashville and back in LA!

In fact, since we're all young and broke, this trip is going to be relatively on the cheap. We're sharing hotel rooms, college-trip style and doing low key activities. Now I get my pre-law school trip without any of the guilt!

7 people testified:

dapotato said...

yay for a vacation! it sounds like you'll have fab company, which can usually make a trip fun no matter where it is.

Feminist Gold Digger said...

Awesome!!!!!!!! I think Nashville looks really cool.

weezermonkey said...

Yay! My co-worker Tennessee just moved here from Nashville. I can ask her for recs if you want.

Winnie said...

Yay for pre-law school vacation! Thumbs up for free ticket.

amber said...

How Fun!!

And yay for practically free airfare!

Nanette said...

SWEET!!!

Jen said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip!!