Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mini Week Review

Two noteworthy things happened this week:

On Tuesday, I went to the Entrepreneurs Organization meeting to mix and mingle with people and to support some of my workplace associates. It was held at the Andaz West Hollywood (formerly/currently [?] the Hyatt West Hollywood) in their rooftop event space. When I walked out into the pool area, I realized that this would be what I miss about LA.

View from the rooftop pool facing Los Angeles




Maybe one day I'll be a rich and successful attorney and be able to afford one of these homes?


Sadly I was there in a work-related capacity because it was a totes gorgeous facility and super close to home. Oh, and did I mention the open bar?! I limited myself to just a glass of pinot grigio (where I felt like Ramona from RH of NYC) and just one teensy little Cape Cod. The bartender was stereotypically LA -- cute, but blathering some nonsense about trying to make drinks as wholesome as possible. I'm like dude, just give me my Grey Goose and stop trying to be philosophical and homeopathic about the booze.

Unfortunately I was seated next to a guy that I really detest with whom my organization partners. Being near him could have ruined my evening, but I tried my hardest to ignore him. I kept telling myself "two more months" and that was pretty calming!

Last night I went to the UCLA v. Cal State Fullerton baseball game. Normally I couldn't care less about baseball, but it was Mr. VF's friend's (I'll call him Tiger) birthday and that was his pick. Whatevs. Mr. VF and I were standing near the ticket sales booth and waiting for his friend when some guy wearing Bruin clothes walked up to us, asked us if we were going to buy tickets, and then handed us his tickets. Score! Now, random aside: why in the helllllllllllllllllll do people have to pay for college baseball games? I mean honestly, is there that big a market? Tickets were like, $15. Now granted, it's not a lot, but they don't even serve beer at college games, FFS! Where's the redeeming value? But whatever...so Tiger and his wife get to the stadium and as it turns out, these seats were pretty sweet -- located between home plate and first base maybe 4-5 rows back. Score! As I sat talking to Mr. VF, I saw a pretty brunette girl a couple of rows down and told Mr. VF that she looked familiar. Tiger had a similar conversation with his wife apparently because a couple of minutes later, he confirmed who I thought I saw:



Yes, Miss Kara Keough from the Real Housewives of OC in the flesh. Apparently she really did transfer to UCLA and she was in the section rooting for the Bruins. I do like Kara and I really like her mom, but sadly, Jeana was nowhere to be found. I told Mr. VF I was going to blog about her being there and he said "I'm surprised you didn't take a picture." Damn, he knows me too well. Unfortunately I'm still concerned about what people think, so I didn't intrude on her privacy that much. I wanted to though! My team lost, but we had fun with friends. Happy birthday, Tiger!

3 people testified:

Jen said...

So awesome you saw Kara from OC Housewives!!

weezermonkey said...

I'm with Mr. VF. Boo to no picture!

amber said...

I don't watch the show, but pseudo-celeb sightings are always fun.