Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's Like Rain on [My] Wedding Day

Pre-application cycle, I was really gung ho about going to school in New York because I wanted to be closer to my sister. Scratch that. I wanted to be closer to my nephews. They are now 2 and 9 and I miss them tremendously. I see the Monkey's blog and pics of LMN and I am envious of the ability to see your loved ones easily. I was excited for the chance.

My sister and I have always had a rather tumultuous relationship. We're either super close or fighting. There's really no middle ground. She's really not a well person. Not to speak ill of her behind her back, but there's always been something a bit off about her. I know she must struggle with some sort of imbalance or disorder, but she's too stubborn to get the help she really needs. Back in June, I decided that I had to cut her from my life. It wasn't too hard with her living a couple thousand miles away. Cut cleanly, like those infomercial knives that can cut through soda cans. Neat. Easy.

It seems as though life isn't without a sense of irony.

Now I'll get my original wish. I'll be in the city that I've dreamed of living in since I was a child. I'll be a short train ride away from my adorable nephews...and I won't be able to see them.

4 people testified:

weezermonkey said...

:(

10yearstogether said...

I'm sorry. I feel like this about my brother a lot too. xoxo

amber said...

This makes me sad. :(

Jen said...

That's sad.

Maybe you guys will make up? You will be there awhile, after all ...