Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rain...feel it on my fingertips, hear it on my windowpane

I miss the California sun. I'm already cold here and it's only mid-October. It's been roughly 45 degrees each day for the last several days. Oh, and it's going to rain here all weekend, give us a couple of days of sun early next week, and then rain again all weekend. We also have the potential for snow here this weekend. I'm in trouble, friends.

Two things are keeping me going for now.

1. I got a sweet pair of rain boots from LL Bean



2. Law school tunnels



This sweet set-up allows me to stay warm and dry once I'm on campus because it goes everywhere I need to be. I can go from class to the library to the student union for lunch (and everywhere in between) with nary a drop of water to hit my head. The multicolored Punky Brewster lockers are just a bonus!

Luckily I'm done dealing with this



::fist pumps::

4 people testified:

weezermonkey said...

Ah, duck boots!

Your next purchase will have Thinsulate in it. :)

10yearstogether said...

Omg I'm having flashbacks of having to wear things like this. I was the fool that brought nothing but high heels to the east coast when I lived there. I thought my New Balance sneakers would be sufficient shoes for the snow.

Feminist Gold Digger said...

That is one of my fave Madonna songs. Hee hee.

I never had secret tunnel ways when I lived back east! That would have saved me a lot of embarrassing ice falls, I bet. Sigh.

amber said...

Oh, gotta love that Boston weather! Did I tell you about the time Jim was walking home, talking to me on the phone in late April after the snow had finally started to melt? We're chatting along and suddenly I hear him start yelling all kinds of profanity. When he finally calmed down, he informed me that a truck had roared through a huge puddle and he'd been doused with a ton of ice cold, dirty water. :/ A slicker might be a good addition to your wardrobe, too. ;)