Saturday, August 15, 2009

Goodbye to Everything I Thought I Knew

I intended to post more pictures of my Quest, but was kind of interrupted by this whole moving thing. So basically, I try to catch up with blogging and now I'm already behind again! Oh, and since I want to blog about the trip and it almost certainly can't come before our western states trip and Hawaii trip, I'm going to be behind atWeeMo -like levels.

I did want to take a minute to recognize some of the fabulous people in my life who have been super supportive of my trek as I march towards law school.

WeeMo: Thank you for your never-ending support. From lending a thoughtful ear to me when I needed advice to proofreading my personal statement to encouraging me to shoot for the moon. Although I made it, I will miss the shit out of you. Thank you for all your help and I look forward to the time when we're not just friends, but also professional colleagues.

Weatherjen: You were also such a rock star in helping me throughout the application process. And really, who can forget the Power of Three plan for my future reproduction! You always had a supportive and friendly word to throw my way about the profession and I admire your enthusiasm for this work and your willingness to always lend a hand to me when needed. As with WeeMo, I'm really looking forward to when we can sit and talk shop and I'm not just a clueless 0L doing so!

The Outdoorsman: I would be remiss if I didn't mention my loving, supportive, amazing, wonderful partner. I mean, even if you didn't know anything else about him, knowing that he's willing to leave everything behind to join me in Cambridge makes him pretty awesome. Thank you for putting up with my moving grumpiness/slavedriver personality, my fit of fancy in changing my mind (and turning YOUR life upside-down too!), and believing in me long before I ever believed in myself. T.O. has been telling me for about 4-5 years that I'd make a great attorney and bought me a book to study LSAT questions all the way back then. I got frustrated and gave up, but he always knew it was the right path for me. I love you, muffin!


There are others who I haven't named individually, but please know that your friendship and words of support have meant a million to me -- anything from quick emails to Facebook comments to random happy hours and everything in between. I don't want to say "Goodbye" but "See ya later!" since I know that you will all be in my life forever.

With that said, I'm going to bed. I have a 9 day cross country drive, moving into the apartment, and the beginning of the rest of my life on which I'm excited to get started. Stay tuned, y'all!

7 people testified:

weezermonkey said...

Tear!

I love you so much, and I'm so incredibly proud of you! Thank goodness for this thing called the Internet for bringing us and keeping us together. :)

10yearstogether said...

I'm so OA. *crying* It seems like just yesterday that we just *met* and were joking about being SFAM and sitting rather than walking on treadmills. I wish you so much luck T! I know you will do awesome and that you'll be so great at whatever you choose to do. But, if what you choose is to be corporate counsel at somewhere like Fox Studios or Taco Bell, gimme a call...

dapotato said...

see ya later!

much luck and love on this new part of the journey. i know you'll succeed.

and yes, major thumbs up to T.O. for his amazing support.

Feminist Gold Digger said...

I love any post that can make WeeMo shed a tear, even if it's just figuratively.

Winnie said...

Good luck, my friend! You're totally going to kick ass at school. I'm so glad I got to see you again before you moved away.

Jen said...

You are such a sweetie! I miss you already!! You are going to be such an awesome law student and lawyer!! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures there!! Love you! xoxo

amber said...

You're gonna do great!! :D