Thursday, August 13, 2009

This is No Longer a Vacation; It's a Quest! (Part 1)

For the first part of my vacation, I went to Sin City to visit my family. After staying there for a week, we went to Lake Powell to go boating for the weekend (my parents and two kids in one car and The Outdoorsman, two kids, and me in our truck). Here are some of my favorite pics from along the way:

I saw this on the road to Sin City and I just cracked up. Can you imagine if I actually had to go to school out here?!




My little brother Kicks and nephew Monkey at Cracker Barrel in St. George. Salt of the earth type shit, huh!




My little sister (Holly Snobby) and my stepsister (Stilts)




I tried to take this picture low-key of Stilts since she spent most of the time talking on the phone to her boyyyyyyyyyyyyfriend.





Colorado City. Home of the crazy fundamentalists. This is what we're "protecting marriage" for?!




Beautiful Arizona




Kicks and Monkey hiking on a small island at Lake Powell. They both adorably kept their little life jackets on!





Sunset after a long day on the lake





Flying Monkey!





Congratulatory cake. My mom surprised me with this at the lake. Red velvet because "red is close enough to Harvard colors." Love her!






Next set: our trip through the mountain states!

7 people testified:

weezermonkey said...

Red velvet is perfect for Harvard!

So good seeing you and your mister tonight. I love you guys and will miss you dearly.

Queen's Voice: You are destined for greatness!

dapotato said...

love the crimson velvet cake! :)

Feminist Gold Digger said...

Your brother is adorable. (For someone who hates kids, I have a special affinity for young, black boys. Is that fucked up?)

Feminist Gold Digger said...

And by special affinity, I just mean cute. Not in a predatorial sort of way. Just thought I'd clarify.

Winnie said...

I <3 AFGD. Yummm red velvet cake.

Nanette said...

Looove this post!

amber said...

What a fun pre-law crazy trip.:)