Monday, March 15, 2010

13 Going on 30

On the eve of my 29th birthday, I've been very reflective about what I've done with my life (and what I want to do) before I turn 30. When I compare the list to what I thought I would have done before I turned 30, I have accomplished a lot of those things:

I got married





I drove cross country (to move to Massachusetts)



I started law school!



I got to sit in the lap of luxury and see what it's like to be a baller in the sports world (via the owner's box at Fenway)




Yet, there are other things I want to do before I turn 30. Since I can't make a list of 30 things I can realistically do this year, I decided to focus on the appropriately titled Jennifer Garner movie of which I just can't seem to get enough.

My list of the 13 things I plan to do in the next year before I hit, *gulp*, 30! You'll note that some are related and some should go together.

13 Going on 30

  1. Get a passport
  2. Complete the Couch to 5K program
  3. Swim in the Atlantic Ocean
  4. Drive a super luxury car (think Bentley, Rolls Royce, etc.)
  5. Go camping where I'm responsible for everything (like setting up a tent...yikes!)
  6. Do at least one performance-related thing
  7. Visit a beer brewery
  8. Lose 30 pounds
  9. Improve my Spanish skills
  10. Visit at least 2 countries outside North America
  11. Read the Top 10 great books
  12. Run an official 5K (last chance is likely to be the St. Patrick's 5K in South Boston which was, at least this year, held the weekend before St. Patrick's Day)
  13. Try at least one food that I'd normally resist



8 people testified:

Jen said...

Excellent goals! What books are on your list of top 10 great books?

Violet said...

It'll be a mix of books that seem interesting to me from the Board's List and the Reader's List as posted on Random House.

http://www.randomhouse.com/modernlibrary/100bestnovels.html

Feminist Gold Digger said...

Great list! Enjoy St. Patty's Day on the east siiiiiide.

Nanette said...

This is awesome! Go Violet!

amber said...

Great list! Full reports here, yes?

wan said...

i am DYING for photos of #5.

TopinfoGuide said...

i rather spend time reading this articles than any other one in other sites

TopinfoGuide said...

I MUST RECOMMEND THAT THIS PLATFORM IS KNOWLEDGEABLE