Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Two-Monthiversary!

Today (well, yesterday, but who's counting?) is my second monthiversary of being in law school. It's funny because some of the people that I met just that short time ago already seem like close friends. Perhaps it's the fact that we're in the trenches together every day taking grenades from our professors?

Do I like law school? Well, according to Weemo, I loooooooooooooooooooooove law school because I dressed up like a case for Halloween! But to be honest, I enjoy the process. I like school. There are certainly many things I dislike about school or classmates, but on the whole, the process is rather enjoyable.

Would I recommend for someone to go to law school? It really depends on the person. I've wanted to be a lawyer for 20 years now, so I think that was enough time to think about it. I certainly wouldn't recommend this process for someone who isn't sure what they want to do with their life or is doing this as a "fall back" career. It's too life-consuming to be just a fall back.

I miss my friends back on the West Coast like, whoa! It's crazy because this experience tends to overwhelm your life and take it over to where there's nothing you don't do that's not somehow school related. The people you hang out with? People from school. The people you see daily? People from school. The social events you attend? School functions or parties thrown by classmates.

The best things in my life currently:


The absolute CUTEST!




One hour every week that I know I won't be working on law school-related stuff. My life stops and my drooling over Ed Westwick begins!



Since small bottles of Grey Goose are $50 (FIFTY EFFING DOLLARS!!!!), this is the next best thing.




I bought these adorable boots recently from Target. Only $25 and they're the perfect mix of pink and preppy!

4 people testified:

10yearstogether said...

I love that you have a pink laptop and argyle-ish boots. I bet you're the coolest law student there. xoxo

weezermonkey said...

I saw a girl with a pink Vaio at a boba shop on Sunday! :)

amber said...

I have a pink computer, too, so I definitely approve! :) I'm also loving those wellies.

We miss you dearie.

Feminist Gold Digger said...

You are the best Elle Woods ever.