Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Apocalypse is Upon Us

Yesterday I worked up the nerve to visit the Whole Foods near The Grove. At 5PM. On a Friday. My bravery is boundless. Incidentally, for those familiar with the area, the CVS next door is apparently one of the LA area's biggest sellers of Valtrex. Just a little tidbit shared by a pharmacist one day that skeeved me out.

Anyway, I digress. I meandered through Whole Foods while Mr. VF was on the lookout for good wine for me (aren't I the lucky one!). He finds me and says "I just saw the most disturbing thing ever. Come with me." Given that I'd just found out about the Valtrex, a million things came to mind. What I found was worse. Way worse.




O RLY?! As if the clothes weren't bad enough, now we have wine for the poseurs too?! JFC, I thought I was going to die in the middle of the store. I think I hear the galloping hoofbeats of the Four Horsemen.

7 people testified:

Feminist Gold Digger said...

Um, that company could be your client one day, and then you'll be all over it. Ed Hardy bubblegum, anyone?

weezermonkey said...

You can get Ed Hardy at Costco.

When that happens, you know the end of the company is near.

Huzzah!

Jen said...

hilarious! i like "wines from france" as the ava. very klassy.

amber said...

That is just bad. :/

10yearstogether said...

I almost got an Ed Hardy shirt at Costco. I'm so ashamed now.

Winnie said...

Yikes :(

dapotato said...

i saw that at a whole foods last week, too.

an insider friend told me they've been going downhill for a long time now. whew. my dirty spaniard studiomate who wears the shirts all.the.time will be so disappointed.